Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 3 May, 2011

Tale of the new city!!

I came here with excitement, hope, anticipation, fear and courage....
all helping me pack my bags, and leave the ever so comfortable abode
of the ones who got me to this world, provided, pampered and supported me.

 

I found a small apartment that I made mine...my comfort zone!
But the city that I had come to was all outside.
The people were interesting, helpful but also very indifferent...i liked it

There were a lot of things to dislike..
the never-ending heard of people,
the humidity, the sweat, the traffic, the noise...
I could go on about all these materialistically annoying traits...

But, I instead have started enjoying the city...
In the heard, you can see an expression of a different emotion on every face...
A little bit of kindness, with a smile, brings a bigger smile on the indifferent, tiered, annoyed faces.

Its nice to see how the rain cleans out all the dirt and makes everything clean..
and how, the breeze carries with it fragrances of incenses sticks, hot 'bhaji', fresh cookies being baked,
and of course, the 'mogra' that women wear in their hair ignoring the smell of a long day at work in their
armpits!!

It is amazing how in a city with no time to spare,
food is the fastest...


'Vada-pav', 'sev-puri', 'bhel' and 'sandwich'
is the fuel to most of the cities machines,
where taste comes second to need to kill hunger and keep moving!

People, people and more people..everyone trying to overtake the other.Pushing and elbowing seems to come naturally to themBut what also comes naturally is the hand they extend to pull you up a running train...Offering a pack of biscuits to the crying beggar boy, ignoring their own hunger..devotion and dedication in every heart and mind of the city.

I am beginning to find my place here..beginning to look through the things I don't likeand smile everyday at a sight that I like...Looking forward to the breezy evenings with a hot cup of coffee...and the train ride in the morning through the biscuit factory,filling me the smell of freshness and bliss!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment