Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 December, 2020

The illusion of a 'Perfect Picture'


As I stood out there, in the slightly damp and freshly washed lush green garden of my cute little guest house, sipping my coffee and looking down at the city of Mussoorie, I remembered our family trips to ‘the mountains’ every summer while I was growing up.... which, like for many others, was obviously a desperate attempt to escape the scorching Delhi heat.
 

While we were little, it was to the more popular destinations, but as we grew up our parents started to explore more and more into the new and uncharted. There are just so many stories that we have created as a family through our travels, that it is a part of me….always. 


A large part of who I am today comes from being humbled, amazed and just awed by so many things that I have experienced during these travels. Living a working in cities makes us tough and sceptical in our minds, but its the unadulterated innocence, humility and warmth of the same species that can be seen and felt evermore so as we move away from created reality to natural reality. 



I wish more parents travel with their children to show them the wonders and beauties of nature, the goodness of people and the comfort in simple realities.

I wish more parents choose to spend time with their children in exploring and experiencing the new, together, to create memories...more than just creating the 'perfect picture'!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment